Club Rules and Regulations
- As an affiliated Club, the rules of the British Canoe Union are included in the rules of the Matlock Canoe Club.
- All members of the Canoe Club and invited visitors to the Club must be able to swim before taking part in canoeing activities.
- Members must respect all property and possessions, whether they be their own, other club members, the club or any outside party, at all times whilst on Canoe Club activities.
- All food and rubbish must be removed from the area of activity before departure, canoes and equipment must be left in a clean orderly condition.
- Members of all classes may NOT borrow WITHOUT THE OWNER'S PERMISSION canoes, paddles or equipment.
- Where borrowed equipment is lost or damaged the person responsible is expected to compensate the owner, in the case of a dispute the Committee will be the ruling body.
- Life jackets or approved bouyancy aids, as a minimum, with the option on the use of helmets, must be work on ALL outdoor activities. The use of the helmet is only compulsory when canoeing on moving water, including surf.
- The Canoe Club cannot be held resposible for loss of equipment, property or damage/injury to members or third party.
- British Canoe Union subscriptions are NOT included in the Club's membership subscription.
- A member may introduce visitors to the Club. If their attendance becomes regular they will be expected to apply for membership.
- Club Members must not cause annoyance to residents, landowners or fishermen in the vicinity of canoeing. Members are expected to show courtesy if approached over any matter and report any difficulties to the Committee immediately.
- On any official Club activity the orgainsing Officer has the right to refuse to allow any member whom, in his opinion, is not properly equipped to take part in the activity.
- Members will abide by the British Canoe Union and Matlock Canoe Club Access Agreements on all waterways.
- All Matlock Canoe Club members and invited guests shall abide by the Club's rules and regulations.
- Parent should sign Membership Forms if the member is under 18 years of age.
- Each Member shall be given an up-to-date list of club rules on receiving membership.
- The Matlock Canoe Club Constitution shall be read in conjunction with the above rules and regulations.